Josephine Louie LionJosephine@gmail.com
District Governor Lion Josephine Louie is a professional Banker, Vice President at HSBC Arcadia Office with 39 years of financial experience. She also holds security Series 6, 63, Life and Health Agent, and Real Estate Sales Licenses.
DG Josephine joined the Los Angeles Chinese Lions Club (LA Chinese Club) in 2006 and started as the Secretary. She served at this position for 2 terms. She has also served as 3d Vice President. In 2008, she earned the Lion of The Year from the LA Chinese Club. Under the sponsorship, and with support, of the LA Chinese Club, Lion Josephine became the Charter President of the Los Angeles Envision Lions Club on Jan. 8, 2010.
DG Josephine’s honors include
DG Josephine served as
- Progressive Melvin Jones Fellowship with five diamonds
- Lions Float- Will LeBlanc Fellowship
- LOVE Program- Louis F Schreimer Fellowship
- Youth Exchange- Les Saalman Fellowship
- 2010 Metro District Member of LCIF
- 2010 Metro Zone B Chairperson.
- 2011 Second Vice District Governor
- 2012 First Vice District Governor
- 2012-2014 Budget & Finance Committee member in MD4 District
As District Governor, Lion Josephine will do everything in her power to inspire all the Lions in District 4-L1 to expand, to promote the spirit of Lionism.
DG Josephine reminds fellow Lions:
Our theme “ONE MIND, ONE SPIRIT IN SERVICE” drives me to lead with a strong purpose of unity, teamwork and dedication. I believe that we are all pillars who could show sincerity of purpose, liberality in judgment, purity in life and generosity in mind and hearts towards humanity. It is in working together that we achieve our GOALS and DREAMS we have set for our district, clubs and for ourselves as well.
A major focus on 2013-2014 is to help strengthen weak or struggling clubs; foster membership growth and leadership potential so that we may continue our commitment to serving the needs of mankind. We will also reach out to youth and cultivate young leadership through LEOS.
Our 2013-2014 DREAM TEAM are all enthusiastic, energetic and ready to foster lions clubs aspirations to share and to serve with “ONE MIND, ONE SPIRIT IN SERVICE”.
DG Josephine has been happily married for 40 years to Erick Louie, Sr. She has a daughter, a son and four grandchildren of whom she is justifiably proud.
DG Josephine has volunteered her time, effort and energy to serving the Asian community since 1986 as
Currently, DG Josephine
- Advisor of Salvation Army
- President of Kiwanis Club
- Director of The Greater Los Angeles Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Chair of the 1992 Chinese New Year Golden Parade in Chinatown
- Director of Arcadia Chamber of Commerce
- Is Council Advisory Member of Arcadia Chinese Association
- Is Past President and active Director of the Chinese Professional Society for over 26 years
- Very enjoys volunteering for betterment of youth within Junior Achievement for many years
- Participates in many community activities to promote a high quality of living for a diverse and better community for the future