PDG Eduardo joined the Los Angeles Latin American Lions Club in 1997 and served
- as Club President,
- as Chairman of several District Committees,
- as Region Chair,
- as Zone Chair, and
- as Vice-District-Governor.
PDG Eduardo’s honors include
- Melvin Jones Fellowship
- Love for a Louis F Shreiner Fellowship.
- The MD4 Excellence Award, Certificate of Appreciation from International President Mahendra Amarsuria
- President’s Excellence Award for his excellent leadership performance.
PDG Eduardo believes that having a clear vision of where you are going leads to effective leadership.
As the District Governor his goals were
- to inspire every member in District 4-L1 to join hands together in solving the challenges in membership
- to embark on an exciting avenue of community services
- to be in touch with the youth to foster their enthusiasm and engery.
One of the most significant services that District 4-L1 members provide to different Clubs is a mobile eye screening unit to offer all indigent families testing for glaucoma and other eye concerns. PDG Eduardo is determined to work on raising funds for the unit replacement.
PDG Eduardo Oviedo recieved his Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from Iowa State University. He is a licensed and registered member of the Structural Engineers Association of Southern California.
He has experienced the most challenging engineering projects in the United States, such as the building of the Getty Center, of Walt Disney Concert Hall, and of the Saint Louis Arch. He is also a member of the team of engineers that evaluate the repairs required to fix the structural damage to buildings in Los Angeles caused by the 1994 earthquake.
Beyond Lions, PDG Eduardo is also very active in supporting the Peruvian culture, as President and Director of the Association Peruvian International of Culture that provide humanitarian help to less fortunate citizens in Peru and promote to uphold the Peruvian Culture around the world.